We all have some degree of mental health, just like we do physical, yet we don't often speak publicly about mental health. This workshop changes that.
Did you know that 1 in 5 Australians experiences a mental illness each calendar year and that 50% of us will experience a mental illness in our lifetime? Just like you go to the gym, run or practice yoga to keep your body healthy, you need to have mental hygiene practices to keep your mind healthy.
This workshop is being run the same week as R U OK? Day. A day that's focused on encouraging everyone to ask "are you ok" to those struggling.
This workshop is for you if you want to:
- Better understand what mental health is
- Feel empowered to proactively manage your mental health
- Learn practical techniques to cultivate positive mental health and help improve your resilience
In this practical workshop, you will:
- Learn what mental health is
- Learn a practical way for assessing your mental health to ensure you seek support (loved ones or professional) when needed
- Be guided through a number of difference exercises and practices that when integrated into your life, and done consistently, can help you create conditions for positive mental health.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn!
- A willingness to share and learn from other attendees in a supportive environment
- BYO favourite writing tools :).
Some light snacks will be available during the workshop.
If you’re an employee, check to see if your company has a learning and development budget to help cover the cost of your attendance. Positive mental health benefits not only you, but those around you and can help improve your overall wellbeing. Win-win 🙌